Lawrence Journal World.

December, 1965

Local Recording Firm Now At New Address

Audio House, Lawrence recording studio, is now in new facilities at old Turner Hall, 307 E. 9th St.  The studio formerly operated from 909 N.Y. St.

The new location provides a large studio and improved acoustics.  The building was built in 1869 as a social center. Through the years it had various uses, including that of an armory, and the front part now houses Salvation Army facilities.

Audio House, operated by Ed Down, began in 1951 with recordings for the Midwestern Music and Art Camp.  Work since then has included the summer jazz clinics conducted over the nation by Stan Kenton, and other summer music camps at Kansas State University, Emporia State College, Southwestern at Winfield and Hayes State College.  Audio House also recorded sound for the local production of a movie, "Carnival of Souls," produced by Herk Harvey.


Home Up